Wednesday 26 March 2014

Breaking up with a Job

Every Monday morning when I am getting pushed around by women of all shapes, sizes and smells in a Mumbai local trying hard to get to work on time I keep thinking how BREAKING UP with my company will not be such a bad idea. 
 
Not that I don’t have enough experience with it, with enough relations that have gone down the drain, I can handle a break-up well… I think… :P
 
Here is a list of Relationship breaking up clichés that I think will go exceptionally well with an exit interview
 
·         It’s not you, it’s me: It’s not the organisation, but it's me and my inherent inability to commit to anything for too long. I think we were just not a right fit.
·         It’s time to move on: It has been a great relationship and I have grown so much as a professional in the last couple of years but I think time has come for me to move on
·         I will still love you: This organisation will always have a special place in my heart
·         You deserve better: There are plenty of eligible professionals in the market and I am sure you will find someone who will understand the organisation better. I know this organisation deserves better than what I can give right now
·         Better now than when we are married:  It’s better to do it now rather than when we are too deep in an event or campaign or something
·         We will always be friends: I know you are angry right now but time heals all wounds and we can always be friends
 
And here’s my hopeful favourite Its’ all Fate: Everything happens for a reason, maybe that’s why I won the million dollar lottery and don’t need to ever work again
 
Disclaimer: These ideas are subject to market risks, read your boss’ temperament carefully before investing :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment