Wednesday 26 March 2014

The untold story of my wanderlust



I watched Queen recently…lovely movie and as 'single girl travelling the world with a backpack' is totally my thing, lot of people had messaged to tell me that the movie reminded them of me.

Well i am also a Queen in my own head and except making gol gappas to prove my Indianness, I have pretty much have had all the experiences that Kangana’s character has in the movie…but wanted to jot down a real picture of what happens on a soul searching trip


Lets start with the basics…wen I take off on a trip, my communication with family is limited to messages which say ‘ I have reached safely’ and ‘ok I am taking the return flight now and someone needs to pick me up from the airport’. Any communication beyond this classifies as emergency and worries my mom.

In Europe, the chances are that you would visit way more churches than parties. At some point after the 10th church you can paint your own version of mother and child.

Also wen a homeless guy follows you and u feel scared, don’t fight, give up the bag but like a good gujju negotiate to keep the passport and cab fare. Or like me find a french man walking his dog and get him to drop u to ur hotel.


If you meet anyone Indian on the trip, trust me 80% probability is that they would be gujjus and you would be offered theplas. All they will do is give me a 'homely' feeling which is not a good thing.

If you take a mixed room at a Hostel, there is 99% probability that no one hot would be staying there and even if they are gorgeous, the shared bathroom will make you look at all the hot men in your room in a very different and extremely poor light. Also all the guys who stay in hostels are on a shoestring budget and are not going to buy you drinks.

If you manage to get on a bar to dance, trust me you will get your Italian hottie there itself and he is going to come up to you say ‘beautiful’ and will expect you to make out with him on the basis of that singular uttered word. Depending on his hotness levels we have to decide to be or not to be…but whatever happens, we are not going to remember anything next day thanks to a horrible hangover.


Lastly avoid swiping credit cards whose alerts go to your parents as forget sex shops, any basic shopping alerts also will lead to a through questioning on all ur spends wen u r back.

All these thoughts aside, after Queen i cant wait to take off to Paris and Amsterdam

0 comments:

Post a Comment