Sunday 6 April 2014

Superheroes: Which one do you crush on?


Everyone who knows me, knows how passionate I am about Superhero movies and my intense desire to exist in the Marvel universe. Honestly if they even let me sweep floors on the next Avengers movie set, I will die a very happy woman.

My boytoys!

So with Captain America releasing this week, one post from me on Superheros was inevitable. 

I was not such a big Superhero fan while growing up and thought that Star Wars was the epitome of cinematic excellence. But all that changed in 2008 when Robert Downey Jr became Tony Stark aka Iron Man.

Finally came a Superhero who was not just cool in his metal suit but had no desire to show his underwear in public and is a Genius, Billionaire, Playboy and Philanthropist.

My love for Iron Man has just grown with each on screen appearance (even Iron Man 2) and he is my unchallenged favorite but it’s the decision about the 2nd favorite spot that has kept me stressed and awake long hours in deep thought (Sincerely.. not joking J ).

So here's my rationalization on who gets the second spot... 

Captain America definitely doesn't stand a chance. In fact the poor guy is so simple minded and straight jacket that he verges on boring...no wonder he is the only one who has not been able to score a girlfriend yet in the marvel franchisee so far. He needs to desperately develop some bad boy traits.

Then there is Spiderman. I love how he swings by but since Andrew Garfield came into play I just started thinking of Spiderman as way too young and honestly what is more difficult to overlook is the whole spider association.

Let’s move on to Wolverine. I love Hugh Jackman and when the Adamantium claws come out he just gets more dangerously attractive. He would have made it to 2nd favorite slot but for the 2013 Wolverine movie, which was unforgivable...I am now reserving further judgement till I see Days of Future Past.

Well then there is Superman and Thor - Both of them are from other planets, have super strength, can fly and look gorgeous. But I have never wanted to chase theatre managers a week in advance to block my tickets for either one of their movies so they don't make the cut.

Of-course then there is Batman - the dark, brooding vigilante with best gadgets and cars and it definitely helps that he is a billionaire. Also Batman gets the best adversaries but honestly after Dark Knight I feel more strongly about Joker than Batman. Still when Alfred saw him happily retired in Florence with Cat woman I did a lot of happy hooting in the theatre.

Well after all this introspection I think currently my 2nd favorite Superhero is Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. Edward Norton and Eric Bana somehow got it wrong and I had given up on ever liking Hulk till Mark Ruffalo came into picture (literally). Now I can happily say that "HULK Smash" and "Puny God" are my favorite Avengers moments and I can’t wait to watch more of the green gorgeousness in Age of Ultron.  

As you can see I take my Superheros movies very seriously but am open to different point of views so please feel free to share your perspectives.


0 comments:

Post a Comment